Ion beam specimen preparation products
Protect your investment and your budget with a service contract to reduce the risk of unexpected repair costs and instrument downtime. Fischione Instruments offers service contract options for the:
- Model 1040 NanoMill® TEM specimen preparation system
- Model 1051 TEM Mill
- Model 1061 SEM Mill
- Model 1062 TrionMill
- Model 1080 PicoMill® TEM specimen preparation system
|Priority service response||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Unlimited telephone and email support||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Instrument/ software support||✔||✔|
Priority service response. Telephone and email support for equipment troubleshooting and priority on-site and factory repair services.
Preventive maintenance. Scheduled once per 12-month service contract period. Preventive maintenance can be combined with unscheduled/emergency services. Includes parts4 and labor.
Training. Two hours of maintenance and operation training for up to four users during scheduled preventive maintenance.5
Unlimited telephone and email support. Fischione Service will provide telephone and email support Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
Unscheduled maintenance. Customers may contact Fischione Service for equipment failures that require immediate repair. Fischione Service will make an effort to respond by telephone or email within four business hours. If telephone or email consultation fails to solve the issue, Fischione Service will provide additional assistance. Parts4 and labor are included.
Replacement parts. For all service contract options, Fischione Service will strive to ship replacement parts within 24 hours after confirming the need (subject to parts availability). These replacement parts are parts that are identified outside of preventive maintenance services; parts required as part of preventive maintenance services are included in the service contract.
Additional labor. Factory or on-site labor occurring outside of defined preventive maintenance services, which includes the Fischione Service representative’s travel expenses if an on-site visit is necessary.
- Software updates, if available, during the term of the service contract.
- Loaner equipment if needed and available (Models 1051 and 1061 only).
- Advanced exchange (receive replacement unit, and then return defective unit) if needed and available (Models 1051 and 1061 only).
Discounts. A 10% discount on Fischione Service labor and purchased parts outside of the scope of the service contract.6
Service contract benefits
|With a service contract||Without a service contract|
|Maintenance costs||Known, predictable||Unknown, unpredictable|
|Instrument repair process||Call Fischione Service to schedule a repair||
|Instrument uptime||Increases due to scheduled preventive maintenance and priority service status||Risk of decrease due to lack of scheduled maintenance and nonpriority service status|
|Peace of mind||Yes||No|
Fischione Instruments offers
- Technical expertise. Fischione Instruments has been designing, manufacturing, and servicing sample preparation instrumentation for the electron microscopy community for nearly 50 years.
- Trained field service engineers. Our team has experience in our production operations, as well as service roles, and is well-equipped to troubleshoot any product challenges.
- Factory-certified parts. With the exception of vacuum pumps, all instrument parts are Fischione Instruments factory certified.
- State-of-the-art facilities. Fischione Instruments operates from its 24,000 square foot facility east of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Fischione uses state-of-the-art technology in its applications, engineering, manufacturing, and customer relationship management activities.
Request a quote
Contact the Fischione Service manager:
Tel: +1 724.325.5444
3Ion source cleaning, maintenance, or replacement are not included; follow the ion source cleaning and maintenance instructions described in the Model 1051 and Model 1061 service manuals.
4Model 1040 and Model 1080 parts excluded: turbo pump with controller and diaphragm pump. Model 1051, Model 1061, and Model 1062 parts excluded: turbo pump with controller and diaphragm pump.
5Does not include applications training.
6Discount applies to parts and labor associated with servicing the instrument with the serial number specified in the service contract, not to other Fischione instruments not specified in the service contract, nor other parts, labor, or consumables.
NanoMill and PicoMill are registered trademarks of E.A. Fischione Instruments, Inc.